RM 1, 600 (inclusive SST) per participant
In today’s society, many people experience information overload. We are bombarded with messages to believe various ideas, purchase things, support causes, and lead our lifestyle in a particular way. How do you know what to believe? How do you separate the truth from the myths?
The answer lies in critical thinking skills. The ability to clearly reason through problems and to present arguments in a logical, compelling way has become a key skill for survival in today’s world. This two-day workshop will give you some practical tools and hands-on experience with critical thinking and problem solving.
What Will Students Learn?
• Define critical and non-critical thinking
• Identify your critical thinking style(s), including area of strength and improvement
• Describe other thinking styles, including left/right brain thinking and whole-brain thinking
• Work through the critical the critical thinking process to build or analyze arguments
• Develop and evaluate explanations
• Improve key critical thinking skills
• Use analytical thought systems and creative thinking techniques
• Prepare and present powerful arguments
• Individuals interested in improving skills
• Students at college needing to recognize and frame problems and draw conclusions
• Working professionals needing to make persuasive arguments
• Adult Learners wanting to reason ethically
What Topics are Covered?
• Understanding critical thinking
• Where do other types of thinking fit in? (including whole-brain and left and right brain)
• Pitfalls to reasoned decision making
• The critical thinking process
• A critical thinker’s skill set
• Creating explanations
• Dealing with assumptions
• Critical and creative thought systems