RM 1, 400 (inclusive SST) per participant
Power of Coaching & Counseling for Performance is designed to provide practical knowledge and skills for individuals to develop professional interpersonal communication skills towards managing and supporting employees in this disruptive business environment.
This program covers the crucial topics of understanding organizational behaviour in terms of employee's motivation and psychology and supporting motivation behaviour change and conflict resolution at the workplace. Participants will also be introduced to interest aspect of handling personal problems, stress and depression by clinical Psychologist as well as the important knowledge on legal concepts of discipline.
Participants will learn the management techniques of coaching and counselling towards performance improvement & development.
MODULE 1: PERFORMANCE COACHING
• People Management
• Concept of Coaching and Counseling
• Role of Coach & Counselor
• Principles of Coaching
• G.R.O.W Model
• Coaching Skills
MODULE 2: COUNSELING & PSYCHOLOGY
• The Counselling Processes:
• Identifying Problem Situations, Determining the Needs; Formulating Action Strategies
• The Skilled Helper Model (Gerard Egan, 1998)
• Psychology at Workplace
• Definition of Counselling
• Personality and Psychological Issues
• Common Psychological Issues
• Signs & Symptoms of Depression & Anxiety at the Workplace
MODULE 3: HANDLING DISPLINE & MISCONDUCT
Legal Concepts on Managing Employees
• Employment Act
• Employer-Employee Relationship
• Managing employee issues
• Corrective discipline
• Employee Behavior & Misconduct
• Misconduct - Major and Minor
• Disciplinary Procedure
*For more information, please click and refer to the brochure.