RM1,590 per pax
The Labour Ordinance (Sabah Chapter 67) is a piece of legislation designed to safe guard the rights and welfare of employees in the state. It serves as a frame work for ensuring that employers provide fair and just treatment to their workers and lays out the standards and procedures that employers must follow to comply with the law.
It is important for employers to have the right knowledge of the different interpretation and applications of the Ordinance to avoid unnecessary litigation process such as compound, prosecution and complaints from employees.
This workshop is designed to focus on the applications of Ordinance with discussions and evaluations of real cases decided by the Labour Court and Civil Court. It also provide participants with the strategies in order to ensure the proper implementation of the Ordinance and its foresee able changes.
1. To understand the key provisions of the Labour Ordinance (Sabah Cap.67) and its appropriate implementations.
2. To comprehend the implementation of the Ordinance with reference to decided cases at the Labour Court & appeals at Civil Courts.
3. To provide participants with the knowledge and skills in the effective applications of the Ordinance at the workplace and in addressing its foreseeable changes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
▪ Human Resources/Industrial Relations practitioners/officers
▪ Head of Department/Units
▪ Operations Managers, Supervisors and staff at Management Level
• Key definitions / interpretations
• Register/Returns & LabourRules
• Contract of Service & Rules on Contents of Contract
• Types of Employment: Permanent/Part Time/Casual/Contract for Service
• Hours of Work, Overtime, Rest Day, Leave & Holiday
• Wages Payment, Advances & Deductions
• Termination of Contract, Termination & Lay-off Benefits & The Application of Related Rules
• Complaint & Inquiries-LabourCourt Procedures
• Special Employment : Women, Children & Young Person & Non-resident
• Proposed Changes to LabourOrdinance (Sabah Chapter 67): Reflections to Employment Act (Amendment 2022)
*For more information, please click and refer to the brochure.