This 2-day workshop is designed to familiarise participants on the procedures that need to be followed in dealing with misconducts at the workplace and the procedures that has to be adhered in conducting a Domestic Inquiry.
This workshop will include lectures, case studies and mock domestic inquiry.
Participants would be equipped with comprehensive knowledge and be able to draft charges, prosecute at domestic inquiry or conduct a domestic inquiry upon completion of this course.
MR BERNARD JOHN KENNY is a Senior Principal Consultant – Industrial Relations in MEF. Prior to joining MEF, he was Chairman of the Industrial Court of Malaysia and as Chairman, he has adjudicated, written, and articulated complex Awards on numerous cases involving dismissal and other matters relating to industrial disputes. Prior to his appointment as Chairman of the Industrial Court of Malaysia, Mr. Bernard successfully practiced law for 30 years and he has represented both employees and employers at the Labour Court, Industrial Court, High Court and at the Court of Appeal.
MS AMMIRA MARLINI is a Consultant – Industrial Relations in MEF. She is a lawyer by profession and started her career as a litigator in 2015. Prior to joining MEF, she was an in-house Industrial Relations counsel for one of the prominent healthcare providers in Kuala Lumpur. She is passionate about industrial relations and employment related matters, which has become her niche area. She is also experienced in conducting in-house trainings on employment laws, managing employee discipline and performance management.
- Principles of natural justice
- Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Concept of Workplace Misconduct (Minor & Major) – case laws discussion
- Breach of Contract
- Steps and procedures to be followed in dealing with misconducts
- Investigation of Misconduct
- Show Cause and Due Inquiry
- Condonation & Progressive Discipline
- Concept of Domestic Inquiry
- Domestic Inquiry Procedure
- Preliminary Investigation
- Role of Inquiry Officer, Prosecuting Officer
- Selection of Inquiry Panel
- Findings and Decision
- Role Play and Mock Domestic Inquiry
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All practitioners involve in handling Human Resources (HR) and Industrial Relations (IR) matters for the company.
MEF Members: RM 1,450 inclusive of 6% SST
Non-Members: RM 1,550 inclusive of 6% SST
15 & 16 November 2023
St Giles Southkey, Johor Bahru
27 & 28 November 2023
5 & 6 December 2023
To register online, please scan the QR code provided.
ENQUIRIES: 03-7498 7200